Tuesday, May 15, 2007

You are Fired! (Only I am too scared to say it)

NBC left Donald Trump's, The Apprentice, show out of its fall line up.

NBC isn't saying 'You are Fired' yet to Trump. Mediaweek quotes NBC Entertainment President Kevin Reilly saying: We want to stay in business with Donald. Donald still wants to do the show and Mark still wants to do it. We need to find the right time period for the show.

That sounds like diplomatic hogwash to me. Maybe NBC realizes that The Apprentice needs to end--now and forever. The show was pulling in about 7 million viewers in the last season, a fraction of what it did in its glory days.

I got hooked to The Apprentice towards the end of the first season and stayed with it through the next two. And then it got boring. Trump did some crazy things like firing his board room sidekick Carolyn Kepcher, and started bringing his cronies, daughter Ivanka Trump and son Donald Jr on. Needless to say, I thought both sucked. I didn't even tune into a single episode of season five.

By then, the format was too predictable. You knew exactly how it would play out and with Ivanka sitting in the boardroom pouting most of the time and offering little insight on why one of the contestants should be fired, I thought it was time for the show to end.

I am glad it is curtains down for now and I hope it stays that way. Donald needs to find another outlet for his ego.


No comments: