Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The Weekly World News is Folding

From the Washington Post:

The most creative newspaper in American history, the Weekly World News broke the story that Elvis faked his death and was living in Kalamazoo, Michigan. It also broke the story that the lost continent of Atlantis was found near Buffalo. And the story that Hillary Clinton was having a love affair with P'lod, an alien with a foot-long tongue. And countless other incredible scoops.

This reminds me of the scene from Men in Black where Tommy Lee Jones tells Will Smith that the real information on what's happening is not to be found in the Times or Post but in the supermarket tabloids.

I think the Weekly World News will be missed by some.

Meanwhile, I encourage the rest of you to read the whole article. I can guarantee you will never laugh again so much.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I don't have no idea enter to your blog, it is a blog and you get more traffic, I always visit it
any way, it may be possible to put your site in my blog list? and more over it would be a honor if you
could my blog to your friend list or any part of your blog
Here is my blog. http://sompost.com/

let me know if you added
Thanks before hand!