Sunday, June 03, 2007

A new laptop!

I bought a new HP dv2000 series laptop this weekend! It came with Windows Vista, an OS I was apprehensive about when I bought the laptop. Much has been written about how buggy Vista is and how many users have been asking for XP on their computers instead of Vista.

So far, Vista is doing well for me. The user interface is very slick and I love the gadgets feature. I also have Office 2007 on my computer.

My only complaint with the new laptop experience is that it comes with so much bloatware! Removing all that and getting the programs I want (including Firefox etc) took nearly two hours. Thanks to R. who did all that

I am so excited about my new laptop!

1 comment:

Abhi 2.0 said...

Mossberg created some stink about this recently (he called them craplets) and apparently that contributed to Dell offering to sell them without any bloatware

See Here